These campfire pierogies are an easy, satisfying meal after a long day of hiking. Plan on making this recipe on the second or third day of camping. If you store the frozen pierogies in your cooler, they’ll be defrosted by then. Wait until you’re at camp to slice the onions and peppers to avoid an onion-scented cooler.
Gotta love nighttime photography…
Here’s how to make them at camp.
You only need four ingredients, plus salt and pepper.
Soften the sliced onion in butter.
Then add sliced green pepper and cook until tender.
And finally, add the defrosted pierogies. Cook until golden. Season with salt & pepper and devour.
- cutting board
- big spoon or spatula
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 12 frozen pierogies
- salt & pepper to taste
- Thinly slice pepper and onion.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in skillet.
- Add onions and cook until softened.
- Add peppers and cook until softened.
- Add pierogies, cook until golden. Serve with salt and pepper.