I make these burritos every time we camp.
They are such a treat, and they taste even better when eaten outdoors.
I do a lot of the prep at home before our camping trip.
At the campsite, I start by cooking the vegetables.
Then, I scramble up some eggs.
I roll up the eggs, veggies, cheddar, cilantro and hot sauce in a flour tortilla. Perfect breakfast, no utensils required.
Veggie Breakfast Burritos
- 4 bell peppers (I used red, green, yellow and orange)
- red onion
- small bunch cilantro
- 8 ounces cheddar
- cooking spray
- one dozen eggs
- 6 burrito-size tortillas
- hot sauce (I use sriracha)
Cookware & tools:
- 1 or 2 skillets
- Chop peppers and onions, and store in an air-tight container.
- Wash cilantro and remove leaves from stems. Discard stems. Put cilantro leaves in a plastic bag with a paper towel.
- Shred cheddar and place in a plastic bag
At the campsite
- In a skillet over high heat, cook the peppers and onions.
- Spray a skillet over medium heat with cooking spray, then scramble the eggs.
- Divide all ingredients among the tortillas, with hot sauce to taste.
- Roll up burritos and enjoy.